A few weeks ago, I lost my swap space again, exactly like last time. Once again, a resume from hibernate failed after a routine fsck check ran. And once again, I missed the fact that my swap was gone until later when I noticed the computer failing to hibernate due to lack of swap space.
Since this was the second time it happened, I was sure that it wasn't due to an accidental run of mkswap. Not that I was doubting it after the first time, but you wonder if maybe some obscure option you hit in the GUI might have triggered it behind-the-scenes or something. This time, I was certain.
I was also thankful I blogged the instructions for fixing it the first time, as it save me a lot of research this go-round. Not that I didn't research it, I just did so after fixing it.
Thankfully, I didn't come up empty handed. I found Bug #90526: Routine fsck deactivates swap, changing UUID. Yep, that's it exactly officer. The clue this time was that I saw the fsck happen as my laptop booted, and realized that the last time seemed to be in close temporal proximity to a fsck as well. It's a confirmed bug, with no indication of a time frame for a fix. However, it's always nice to know that you aren't crazy, and that your issues have already been documented.